The fear of not having your smartphone is real and is sometimes referred to as Nomophobia (no-mobile-phone-phobia). It can trigger anxiety and symptoms that, in some ways, are not unlike the fear of not getting that next fix from a drug.
Are you addicted to your smartphone? Here are five signs you may be a smartphone addict:
- Your smartphone is almost always in your hand.
- You feel a sense of loss when separated from your smartphone.
- Virtual relationships become more important than real relationships.
- You often lose track of time due to smartphone overuse.
- You check your phone while driving and/or you obsessively check your phone every time you come to a red light.
If you realize you have some or all of these signs, maybe you should take a digital detox and reconnect to your non-virtual life.
Photo: Getty Images
Source: Fox News