There WILL be a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York this November. It'll just be a little "different." OK, a LOT different...but only for the people directly involved. If you are watching from home, it should feel pretty close to normal.
- The parade will take two days to film in advance for broadcast.
- Only about a quarter of the usual number of people will be working it.
- Nobody under 18 allowed, which means those high school marching bands are out.
- Instead of a 2.5 mile route, it will just wrap around Herald Square.
- No spectators…and everyone in the parade will be wearing face masks and social distancing.